10/17/2012

The Black Mold and Silly Putty

Yesterday I discovered really powdery fine black dust mold in the bottom of my diaper bag.  Somehow this always happens to me.  It is infuriating.  And guess what I did with it?  I just closed it up, pretended I never saw it, and it is sitting in the floor of my kitchen even now.

But I did not succeed.  I did not forget.  I did see it, and it has been mocking me ever since.  And today, even though Jimmy banned it from our home years ago, like even since before we even lived in this house, I found silly putty on my couch.  I did not see how it could have possibly gotten there.

And then I found out it's ironic origin.  I had taken off the back cushions from the couch and covered the bottom, in an attempt to keep my freshly washed cushions clean between house rentals.  As I was readjusting the cover (a queen sized sheet) I saw that there was silly putty in two different places on the sheet.

So my attempt to save my couch from such despair ended up causing it.

What does one do in the face of black mold and silly putty in the wrong places?

One pretends like neither are there, and that dinner does not have to be made, and one goes out to the driveway with the children, enjoys the beautiful fall weather, and takes photographs of them.  Because children don't care about mold or couches.  They are free.


Juliet has joined the ranks of the driveway kids.  She is very busy, mostly pushing babies around in strollers or shopping carts.
 

Cash on his bike.  He is definitely a super man.


Penelope hugging my legs.


Juliet making the Alley face.  I can think of numerous shots of Jimmy's brother Gary making this face.


Libby is speeding across our neighbor's driveway.  I know I have said it before, but we have the best neighbors in the entire U.S. of A.  They don't just put up with my kids, they love them and allow them to play in their driveway and pool and make noise and everything.  It is wonderful.


This is their daughter, Alex.  She is a wonderful friend to the kids and puts up with everyone amazingly well considering she does not have any siblings.  (Besides us!)  The whole reason my kids went outside was to wait for her bus to bring her home.


  Everyone zooms back and forth.


Jackson on his skateboard.

 


 Penelope.


 Hold on, stop everything...Juliet's got something in her shoe...


Okay, back to work.


Swinging on the vine in between our driveways...




Juliet is giving Pooh a ride on the skateboard.


And now she is loving him.  I love her.  I need to go stare at her.  I guess if I love her as much as I think I do, I might just have to clean out the moldy diaper bag tomorrow...

I am making a face.  It is so gross.


1 comment:

allhisblessings said...

I love those Alley kids. Gosh. And Jackson with his dimple? Look out fifth grade girls ;)