8/23/2012

Goodbye Summer

Monday was rainy and blah and I felt sort of down even though I finally got my bedroom in order.


I figured out why.  I am mourning the end of summer.  Jackson started 5th grade Monday and I've been in full prep mode for home school to begin next week.  It has been a wonderful summer.  Full of sleeping in, seeing friends and family, accomplishing home projects, and just enjoying my kids.

Not that I don't enjoy them in the school year.  But now I must put on the hat of teacher again.  And while I enjoy this too, it does require an extra measure of patience and grace that I don't need as much in the summer.

Home schooling is super hard.  Especially with a toddler.  I can say this from experience.



I know that while I'm trying to teach language, she'll be doing stuff like this.



And I will let her.

And then my house will get super dirty.  But my children will know their parts of speech.  Hopefully.



 This was my bedroom before we bought the house.

This is before we got our IKEA furniture.  We only had a bed.

 This is right before I started painting this summer.


And this is how it looks now.  Are all these pictures overkill?


I will move on to better ones.  These are my lovelies on the 4th of July.



















Here is Penelope with a frog she caught this summer.

Now I really want to make a joke about hopping into the new school year but I would never do something so cheesy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not that I don't enjoy them in the school year.  But now I must put on the hat of teacher again.  And while I enjoy this too, it does require an extra measure of patience and grace that I don't need as much in the summer.

Oh boy, can I relate! I was just feeling that way this morning as I realized we start next week after Labor Day. But I want to be relaxed and living in the flow of Holy Spirit, not a list nazi keeping them on task.

Thanks for writing my heart too. I love you, KSHF!

Jenn Batey said...

Omgosh...I know deep down in my soul everything you feel in every word. All except for the frog part...you know that's not how I roll. You will always be my hero Julie...5 is a a ginormously larger role then 4! I love you.