- Whenever Jackson gives Penelope a kiss, he plants his lips on her cheek, goes totally still like a statue and holds his lips there for approximately (I've counted) 12 seconds. I always have to ask him to back off, it lasts so long. He responds with, "Mom, I wanted to give her a wedding kiss!"
- Libby saying that Penelope is the cutest baby in the "whole white word" (whole wide world)
- Yesterday I asked Libby to wash her hands and face after dinner. She did her hands but not her face and when I told her that her mouth was still dirty, she told me that it was not lasagna on her face, but that her freckles had just moved around.
- My children have used sharpie to write on clothing, wood floors (twice), tile floors, my dry erase board, our dining room table, a decorative pillow sham, and themselves. These markers to me have begun to represent my identity as a person outside of being a mom. I love them so much, I still keep them around even though they are "mommy markers" and are NOT for children. I refuse to rid myself of sharpies. I will put aside breakable items, valuable books and documents, and electronics, but sharpies will remain plentiful in my home.
- Last week Cash bit the tip off a yellow Crayola marker. I did NOT look for this in his diapers. If he wants to make art on the inside of his body, that is his choice as a modern artist. If only something recognizable came out into his poop--maybe we could take the kid to NYC and make a buck.
- My favorite kissing spot on Penelope is right between her eyes. I don't want to forget this because I know I've had a favorite spot on all my kids when they were infants, but I can't remember the others for sure. This makes me sort of sad.
stuff I don't want to forget
Just making notes of things I'd like to tell my kids one day, but am afraid I won't remember...