5/09/2016

DC trip- Mount Vernon!

When we left DC we drove to Mount Vernon, the home of none other than George Washington. 


We decided to go without the stroller, which was a good move. Violet was super excited about the map. 


While the family waited in line for our turn to go inside, I let Violet walk around a bit. She decided to use this moment to be her first time to stand and pose for the camera while saying "Cheese!" I took about 3,000 photos. 



There were no photos allowed inside the actual house, but I snuck a selfie of the family in the mirror. Check out that paint color!




One of my favorite parts were these tiles in the bathroom. I mean, printmaking on tiles? Awesome! 


There were a bunch of different ones!


It really is amazing to think that this man's body rests here. The scripture on the wall of his tomb is John 11:25-26: "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies, and whoever lives and believes in me will never die."


Thanks for letting us stop by, George!

No comments: